We are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant to work within the existing Finance Team.
As the UK Accountant you will oversee the finance function in day-to-day transactions and reporting.
You will report to the Group Financial Controller regarding all financial and accounting activities as well as providing support to the GFC and the CFO in achieving the overall targets of the finance department
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsibility and management for the transactional accounting and reporting of the group of companies.
- Ensuring timely and accurate month and year end reporting.
- Providing financial and non-financial analysis on a regular and ad-hoc basis to support business goals.
- Supporting the external auditors and providing information and data as required.
- Ensuring compliance policies are adhered to at all times for both statutory and non-statutory regulatory needs.
- Assisting with the budget setting process and monitoring performance against budget/forecasts.
- Responsibility for VAT, other HMRC payments and reconciliations.
- Managing and maintaining the companies’ balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining robust internal controls and supporting processes in delivery of the above, including purchase and sales ledger processes, management accounts preparation, budget setting.
- Maintenance and analysis of cash flows on behalf of the Group’s Companies ensuring accurate payment of suppliers.
- Providing appropriate departmental cover during absence.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and demonstrable career progression within a finance function.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- In-depth experience of accounting practices, financial management and statutory requirements and regulations.
- Ability to deliver appropriate reports and advice to the business.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High level of skills with Excel and demonstrable experience using and managing accounting software.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.