The ROPS list is a must-read for all UK payroll and pensions professionals. It is updated twice-monthly on the 1st and the 15th of the month, though this will change if those dates fall on a weekend or Bank Holiday. The ROPS list contains details of all overseas pension schemes that have advised HMRC they want to be included on it. ‘Recognise’ indicates that HMRC recognise the overseas pension scheme as being one that is eligible to receive transfers of UK pension benefits. The updated list from 17 August 2020 contains the following changes from the ROPS List published 15 July 2020:
The Gov.UK update notification says that there have been 8 additions and 1 amendment. Until the time that HMRC’s civil servants provide information in the update section, for the benefit of the payroll and pension professions, here are the details that are not currently provided publicly and are being overwritten 2 weeks later (or 4 in the case of this latest update).
The updated list from 17 August 2020 contains the following changes from the ROPS List published 15 July 2020:
- Australia – B and M Kelly SMSF Super Fund
- Australia – Clarke O’Reilly SMSF
- Australia – H and E Nicol SMSF Super Fund
- Australia – Ogangelos Super Fund
- Australia – Projectability Super Fund
- Guernsey – Dellinger Retirement Annuity Trust Scheme
- Netherlands – Coravin Europe B.V. by Brand New Day
- Netherlands – Westers Automatisering & Consultancy BV by Brand New Day
- Gibraltar – Berkeley Retirement Benefit Scheme amended to Two Ninety-Five Retirement Benefit Scheme
Whilst the List contains details of the updates, these are removed the next time it is updated. There is no running commentary of the additions, removals and changes. Therefore if you do use this list, please make sure you make a note of the amendments every time it is updated.