The ROPS list is a must-read for all UK payroll and pensions professionals. It is updated twice-monthly on the 1st and the 15th of the month, though this will change if those dates fall on a weekend or Bank Holiday. However, sometimes HMRC will update the List at other times ‘to temporarily remove schemes while reviews are carried out, for example where fraudulent activity is suspected’. The ROPS list contains details of all overseas pension schemes that have advised HMRC they want to be included on it. ‘Recognise’ indicates that HMRC recognise the overseas pension scheme as being one that is eligible to receive transfers of UK pension benefits.
The updated list from 02 January 2020 contains the following changes from the ROPS List published 16 December 2019:
The 7 schemes added are:
- Australia – Chauhan55 Super Fund
- Australia – De Souza Superannuation Fund
- Australia – Denby Horwell Family SMSF
- Australia – McConalogue Superannuation Fund
- Australia – S & D Watts Self Managed Superannuation Fund
- Canada – Cidel Alternate Retirement Plan (“CARP”)
- Jersey – Different Corner Limited
There are no removals.
There are no changes.