The IT Technician, reporting to the Head of IT, will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. The IT Technician will have a thorough knowledge of computer software, hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. Great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail are essential to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimise the role of technology on business sustainability.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
GDPR & Compliance Responsibilities
- Handle data in line with UK GDPR regulations
- Report all personal data breaches (and near-miss incidents) to the DPO and GDPR Team
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information is maintained at all times
- Report access issues (over and under access permissions) promptly to the IT Department
- Strictly maintain non-disclosure of company and client confidential information
- Process information in line with the ISO 27001:2013 Standard
- Take up all GDPR and Information Security Training when offered
Skills and Attributes
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
About the role
This is a full time role on a permanent basis.
If you think you have what we are looking for and are looking for a role that you can make your own and really help to drive our Company forward, please send your CV and covering letter telling us why you think we need you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is intended as a guide to your duties. You may be required to undertake additional or new duties from time to time to ensure the most efficient use of available resources and to meet the Company’s business needs.