We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator to strengthen the existing Outsourced Services team.
Our Outsourced Services department act as an extension of our customers’ team, taking care of their payroll process and allowing them to benefit from a wealth of expert knowledge and industry experience.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Accurate payroll processing – from start to finish within the agreed timeframes,
- Producing Employee documents, RTI and pension files.
- Processing HMRC and 3rd party payments on time.
- Running complex payrolls.
- Liaising with clients and building rapport.
- Holding meetings with clients as part of the grading project.
- Creating statutory payment rules, schedules & top up.
- Using imports for data processing.
- Creating complex reports, imports, functions & set ups on company level.
- Manual calculations – starters & leavers, tax & NI, SL, pensions.
- Payments after leaving & leavers’ payments.
- Early payroll runs & re-runs.
- App levy, ER allowance, Small ER relief – calculations and implementation.
- Payroll reversals/corrections + EYUs.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Checking colleagues’ payrolls.
- First point of contact for Administrators’ queries.
- Working closely with the Team Leaders on creating & improving procedures.
- Getting involved in (inter)departmental projects.
- Assisting with implementations of small payrolls.
- Taking on payrolls handed over from Implementation.
- Taking an active role within the team ensuring a smooth running of the team.
- Responding to clients’ service quality concerns as the first point of contact.
- Responding to clients queries re pricing + application of price list.
- P11d processing.
- Monitoring training requirements & team progress.
- Working with other Senior Administrators to ensure consistency of service provisions.
- Working with other Senior Administrators on ad-hoc projects
What We Are Looking For:
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office – Excel in particular.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent knowledge of pension & AE rules.
- Excellent understanding of HMRC legislation and statutory payments.
- Advanced knowledge on court orders.
- Excellent team player – able to spot the team’s and departmental needs.
- Adaptable, fast & eager learner • Highly resilient and able to remain calm in pressurised environment.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning & organisational skills.
- Confidence in working autonomously & solving system issues.
- Sound judgement.
- Over 4 years of payroll experience.
- Experience in training junior colleagues.
- Experience in dealing with clients’ complaints.
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com