We are looking for an experienced System Administrator to strengthen the existing IT team.
This is a varied role, joining an existing IT Team within a company that is going through an exciting period of transition and growth. You will report to the IT manager.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems, including the application of operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Documenting the configuration of the system.
- Responding to and resolving help desk requests.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance.
- Ensuring parity between dev, test and production environments.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in systems administration, managing a medium to large deployment of Windows servers.
- A solid understanding of networking.
- Experience with Group Policy design and configuration, Active Directory design and management.
- Management and administration of Microsoft 365.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, highly preferrable.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with VMware ESX and vCenter management and deployment are highly desirable.
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team, to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Experience with and participation in projects, large and small.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com